Shared ownership is designed to help as many people as possible open the door to a new home – You can buy a home through shared ownership if both of the following apply:
- your household income is £80,000 a year or less (£90,000 a year or less in London).
- you cannot afford all of the deposit and mortgage payments for a home that meets your needs
One of the following must also be true:
- you’re a first-time buyer
- you used to own a home, but cannot afford to buy one now
- you own a home and want to move but cannot afford a new home suitable for your needs
- you’re forming a new household – for example, after a relationship breakdown
- you’re an existing shared owner and want to move
Please be aware that you will be required to complete an affordability assessment to ensure you qualify for Shared Ownership and meet the Landlords eligibility criteria.
See our panel of Independent Financial advisors.